Moto Droid no longer Streaming Bluetooth Audio

Is Bluetooth Audio Streaming working with Android 2.1  

47 members have voted

1. 1. Is Bluetooth Audio Streaming working with Android?

Several people I have seen on other forums are having the same issue. Android 2.0.1 on the Motorola Droid worked fine in my 2010 Escape for about a month then suddenly no sound is heard any more even though it says connected. The phone audio works fine so this seems to be an issue with the A2DP. I have tried everything and have also master reset, repaired, deleted phones, added another person's droid and iPhone - neither of those will even connect to the bluetooth audio but the phone's audio works fine.

This has to be a sync issue because I was able to successfully pair and stream music with the Motorokr S9 from my phone.

Here are the other threads others are posting our tests to:

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/tech-issues-bug-reports-suggestions/28126-bluetooth-audio-issue-microsoft-sync-2.html

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/android-forum/35391-thank-you-droid-google-microsoft-sync.html

Sync telephone support says it is the phone because it works fine on several employee's phones who work for sync. It can't be the phone because why won't two other phones work, including an iPhone? The firmware update 2.1 that I got a week ago didn't fix it either.

Edited by street

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Try pulling the battery from the Droid. I had a similar problem, but from a different direction. When I first purchased my Lincoln, I paired the Droid (v 2.1), and all was well. When I updated the sync to 2.1 also it stopped working. Deleted the pairing from both the phone and the car and then repaired. That didn't do it, but after pulling the battery on the Droid, for whatever reason it started working again and has continued working for several months now.

I have a different take on the same issue. My Bluetooth streaming stopped working as I was listening to an audiobook from my Droid (v 2.1) on the way home from work a few days ago. My Ford Sync version is 3.1. I have done all the steps of factory defaults, master reset, deleting the phone from sync nothing works. I have tried multi phones same issue. This is definitely a software issue with Sync.

• 3 weeks later...

Good new and I hope this helps everyone else as well. I do not know if this solution was mentioned in other posts/sections. Anyway, a few weeks ago a storm blew into my area and a tree branch fell on my 2010 Fusion Hybrid :(. I had to take it to my dealer for some body work. While in the shop they had to pull the vehicle battery when it was sent to the paint. The dealership told me this because, some of my setting were reset, i.e. avg mpg, smart display settings. etc. Radio setting and vehicle mileage were still saved as they should be. After I picked up I had to re-sync my droid to the vehicle. After I did that, Sync can now receive bluetooth streaming audio again from my droid again. I am hoping it was the battery pull that reset Sync.

Seems kind a radical workaround to fix the issue, but if it works I can live with it as long as I do not have to do it too often.

2010 F150 Mine worked initially with my Droid. Then after about 2 weeks, it stopped. Tried everything listed. Finally pulled the battery negative, and let it sit for 5 minutes. Reconnected, repaired, and all is well again. OK for a month now. Hope this helps.

• 4 weeks later...

I just got my new Fiesta (2011) today, and I think I'm having a similar issue, but worse. At the dealership, I was able to pair the phone and use BT audio without any issues. However, now audio just won't work. I've tried un-pairing and re-pairing the phone, but that hasn't done anything. Any other suggestions?

Vehicle is a 2011 Ford Fiesta, and my phone is a Droid running the official 2.1 firmware.

• 2 weeks later...

It's a really dumb solution but it works. Pull the negative battery cable, wait a minute, reconnect and everything works again. What the heck???!! Hope it this fixes it for good but I suspect I may be doing this again. I heard pulling the Sync fuse out and waiting then reinstalling also works but the fuse box seems to be in a real PIA location under the dash.

2009 mercury mariner here with moto droid rooted 2.0 phone

Bluetooth audio worked fine and dandy till tonight, got in my car, said bluetooth audioso i could stream pandora ...chick comes back and says no bluetooth device connected ... even though i can make calls. This really sucks cause i love the feature as i havnt bought a line in cord yet and i always leave my usb cord at home most of the time , so the BT audio stream was awesome

Should i just pull the batt like was suggested here several times?

It's a really dumb solution but it works. Pull the negative battery cable, wait a minute, reconnect and everything works again. What the heck???!! Hope it this fixes it for good but I suspect I may be doing this again. I heard pulling the Sync fuse out and waiting then reinstalling also works but the fuse box seems to be in a real PIA location under the dash.

Any reason to pull the negative cable as opposed to the positive?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Had the same issue with my 2010 Fusion Hybrid. Pulled the #13 fuse as mentioned by numerous people. Bada-Boom Bada-Bing, problem solved. Add me to the list.

The fuse pulling solution worked perfectly. One caveat: check your manual for the correct fuse number. In my 2010 Expedition it was fuse #3.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Add me to the list...only I have an iphone4. I just got a brand new 2011 Flex. My iphone synced at the dealer, BT audio worked great. A day later, I installed "Version Checker" App from syncmyride.com and ever since BT audio didn't work with the same symptoms as described in this thread. I pulled the sync fuse for about 10 seconds, stuck it back in, and BT audio now works fine. Hope this isn't a regular occurrence!

• 1 month later...

Add me to the list...only I have an iphone4. I just got a brand new 2011 Flex. My iphone synced at the dealer, BT audio worked great. A day later, I installed "Version Checker" App from syncmyride.com and ever since BT audio didn't work with the same symptoms as described in this thread. I pulled the sync fuse for about 10 seconds, stuck it back in, and BT audio now works fine. Hope this isn't a regular occurrence!

Thanks everyone for the tips in this thread. I've had my Fusion for 7 months, streaming bluetooth beautifully. Last night it up and died on me for no reason. I just tried my wife's phone today and they both can connect via phone but media streaming doesn't work. I'm off to lookup a fuse in the manual and pull it.

Thanks again,

Slipshod