• Welcome!

Welcome to the Ford SYNC Forum!  Please sign in here or create an account here.

Sign in to follow this  
alcohenusa

New maps coming Sep 2022

If past performance is any indication, I would wait a couple of days after these become available to be sure you get the correct download.  Last year they had the wrong (old) maps downloading and the time before that they provided an incorrect license file.

https://syncnavigation.com/ford/home

image.thumb.png.e6201d3672067cbade41ec662aed297c.png

https://syncnavigation.com/lincoln/home

image.thumb.png.8c0a6489ede544396d709901210ff8b7.png

Edited by alcohenusa
minor update

I was about to update my maps last year, but decided to give maps with Android Auto a try.  I liked it and never looked again about upgrading my Sync maps.

moving the files to a flash drive now... says it'll take about 2 hours.... might update them tomorrow... I also use the Google Maps for most things... maps built in for when I'm not in a place to get a data signal for google maps...

Updated maps to NA 2 21 on my 2018 Fusion (3.0.20204) and 2020 Ranger (3.4.21194).  Fusion took exactly an hour and the Ranger only 45 minutes.

Both updates were uneventful and no issues at this time.

is this a free update?

if so, which vehicles are eligible

2 hours ago, bnewt said:

is this a free update?

if so, which vehicles are eligible

Hi bnewt. Traditionally, SYNC 3 equipped vehicles received 2 free updates (within the New Vehicle Warranty period). While it is possible that varied some by model year, the way to find out if you can still receive this update for free is to input your VIN in the applicable Lincoln or Ford SYNC 3 Navigation update website, as listed in alcohenusa's initial post. The SYNC 3 Navigation update system will then inform you of the update options and cost for your vehicle/vehicles.

Let us know how you make out and good luck.