• Welcome!

Welcome to the Ford SYNC Forum!  Please sign in here or create an account here.

Sign in to follow this  
shaher

Update the Sync 1 system and Navigation

Welcome to the experts
I want to update the Sync 1 system and the navigation system in my Ford Taurus model 2011 the latest version of the system because there is an update in the Ford 3.2 site but I cannot challenge it and I recommend visiting the Ford dealership and our dealerships exaggerate individuals and sell free services at exorbitant prices please everyone who has a link to update the system and update the maps of the Middle East Saudi Arabia Provide me with it Thank you

VIN 1FAHP2JW0BG143561

taurus.jpg

taurus.jpeg

Edited by shaher

Cheeper and better to just do it with a 3rd party unit....   crutchfield.com is a good place to start

Experts, I hope someone who has a link to download the update will provide it to me. Thank you

8 hours ago, shaher said:

Experts, I hope someone who has a link to download the update will provide it to me. Thank you

Hi shaher and welcome to the Ford SYNC Forum. Look in the photo you provided. At the top of the photo, there is a link to click to get the latest update.

You click where it states "SYNC UPDATE AVAILABLE

Click here to get the latest version."

Keep us updated and good luck.

And being that it is an 11 year old vehicle, it will NOT be the most recent, nor even close to that, of the maps.  I have a 2020 Lincoln, and 2018 is the latest maps that are available from the web site..

Edited by Multitask

Hi gang. Although the OP is discussing SYNC 1 here (not SYNC 3), for the sake of accuracy and clarity, here is some additional information: Currently, the newest NAV maps version available for SYNC 3 is "NA 2 20", and it includes map updates to the 1st quarter of 2020 or 2021 (due to the pandemic, there has been some confusion and conflicting information as to which).

The newest SYNC 3 map update will be released soon (NA 2 21?). Hopefully by mid-September. If the newest release follows the normal course of events, it will include map updates to the 1st quarter of 2022.

Concerning the OP and his 2011 Taurus with SYNC 1 Navigation: If I recall correctly, the NAV system in that version of SYNC 1 uses an SD card. While SYNC updates can be downloaded for free over the Internet, Navigation updates for SYNC 1 can not be downloaded over the Internet. In addition, there can be a charge, according to region.

The OP can contact the supplier (HERE) and see if there is a newer version of NAV maps, available on SD card, for his vehicle than what it now has.

Good luck.

Sorry, I mistyped, yes it is 2020 maps....  and if I remember right, the sync 1 boxes were updated with a CD rom.... either way... better to replace the whole unit with a 3rd party unit (Pioneer, Kenwood...)

I thought about paying for the map upgrade for my Fusion with Sync 3.  But after trying Android Auto, I figured why waste the money.

Me too... although if it's free, I will update it... otherwise AA and Google Maps are fine.... 

and before anyone asks, you have to have Sync 3.xxx (maybe Sync 2) before you can use Android Auto, or Car play.....

Edited by Multitask