Jump to content
  • Welcome!

    Welcome to the Ford SYNC Forum!  Please sign in here or create an account here.



Rbrown3

Favourites of Home and Work Sync 3.3 build 18351

Recommended Posts

Upgrade went ok except that the favourites in the 3.4 now shows Home Setup and Work Setup and cannot be used to set a destination and it will not allow anyway to be deleted

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Rbrown3 said:

Upgrade went ok except that the favourites in the 3.4 now shows Home Setup and Work Setup and cannot be used to set a destination and it will not allow anyway to be deleted

 

Hi Rbrown and welcome to the Ford SYNC Forum. Please keep in mind that we can not see what you are seeing. Can you explain the issue in a bit more detail?  Also, what model and model year vehicle do you have?

 

In the meantime, I will try to answer what I think I understand you are asking: First...If you go into the favorites menu, there should be a Delete button next to each favorite destination. That allows you to delete any already programmed favorites, including Home and Work destinations.

 

Next...You can also try a SYNC Master Reset to see if that helps. Follow the instructions in your Owners Manual for the proper procedure in your vehicle.

 

Let us know how you make out and good luck.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Might have to create the correct ones, then it might allow you to then delete the old ones.....

I never used 3.3 much....  3.0 and 3.4 mostly.... 

Edited by Multitask
typos

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/16/2022 at 8:03 PM, bbf2530 said:

 

Hi Rbrown and welcome to the Ford SYNC Forum. Please keep in mind that we can not see what you are seeing. Can you explain the issue in a bit more detail?  Also, what model and model year vehicle do you have?

 

In the meantime, I will try to answer what I think I understand you are asking: First...If you go into the favorites menu, there should be a Delete button next to each favorite destination. That allows you to delete any already programmed favorites, including Home and Work destinations.

 

Next...You can also try a SYNC Master Reset to see if that helps. Follow the instructions in your Owners Manual for the proper procedure in your vehicle.

 

Let us know how you make out and good luck.

All done now but can you answer this please. I had a lot of problems installing maps after installing 3.4 which it did in 30 mins drive that's was about 3 gig so when I saw maps were present I downloaded and unzipped ok but 23 gic  3.5hrs thought I needed to drive to Wales from Essex, thought I would try battery charger but that would not keep battery volts high enough, tried a better charger which can put out 25 amps if required car still shut down, thought sod this better leave engine running with start stop disabled so might aswell wash the car and I do not know qhy but engine decided to shut down fantastic NOT. Anyway after 38mins I got the message the first of the software has been installed please restart vehicle to start part 2 only 2 mins this time. The map installed is F11. Would it be nice if they told you what version you were downloading and how long it reckons the update has to run for completion 

Edited by Rbrown3
My car is a 19 plate Ford Galaxy Titanium X in ruby ted

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Rbrown3 said:

All done now but can you answer this please. I had a lot of problems installing maps after installing 3.4 which it did in 30 mins drive that's was about 3 gig so when I saw maps were present I downloaded and unzipped ok but 23 gic  3.5hrs thought I needed to drive to Wales from Essex, thought I would try battery charger but that would not keep battery volts high enough, tried a better charger which can put out 25 amps if required car still shut down, thought sod this better leave engine running with start stop disabled so might aswell wash the car and I do not know qhy but engine decided to shut down fantastic NOT. Anyway after 38mins I got the message the first of the software has been installed please restart vehicle to start part 2 only 2 mins this time. The map installed is F11. Would it be nice if they told you what version you were downloading and how long it reckons the update has to run for completion 

 

Hi Rbrown. Not sure what the question was?

 

Also, I have read and reread your last reply, and am having a bit of trouble following what you were trying to say. Perhaps you could go back and edit your post a little for grammar and some more punctuation etc.? Just click "Edit" at the bottom left of the post and do a little rewriting.

 

I can tell you that at least in the U.S., disabling Auto-Stop/Start does not affect/control how long your vehicle can idle.  It only turns off the Auto-Stop/Start feature, which turns off the engine at stop lights, stop signs etc. Here in the U.S., the vehicle is limited to 30 minutes of idling while in Park.

 

And what version of NAV maps was installed before you updated?

 

Keep us updated and good luck

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Custom Search

×