• Welcome!

Welcome to the Ford SYNC Forum!  Please sign in here or create an account here.

alcohenusa

Sync 3.4.21194 Now Available from Ford

Ford has officially released an update for Sync 3.4 (v21194) that fixes the issues with Sirius/Travel Link.

I updated via USB and everything worked except it will not give me the XML file to report the install.

Also ran the wifi update and it still does not report as up to date in Ford’s system.

NOTE:  This update is not for older vehicles that can only get Sync 3.0.

Ford web site still says to upload the xml file.

In any case, the site still says I have the 21194 update available even after doing the wifi scan and the car reports back as up to date.  They just can’t get this process right.  It shouldn’t be this hard….

But at least everything functionally works in the car.

Edited by alcohenusa

Could always be worse.  Google released an update on Aug. 28th that caused all users of certain model LG phones to be unable to make or receive phone calls.   I spent 3 hours on the phone with Verizon who were clueless as to the problem.  Finally my son discovered the issue.

I decided to re-download the update from the Ford site and noticed they made a small change to the Autoinstall file.  All the files are now dated 8/30/2021 instead 8/27/2021.

I re-ran the update and got the XML file.  I uploaded to Ford and now the site shows I am up to date!

one reason to wait and see how gets burn when they upgrade too soon.  😎

I know I've been caught like that..

I have the files, just need to put them on a flash drive and do the update.... OR, I can hotspot it and see what happens.  😎

Only Europe for information. Sync 3.4.21194 available today  (file date 30/08)
Details uploading:
A - Sync 3 = 948.4 Mo.
B - Data Maps =? only after updating Sync and returning the xml.
I do not know yet if I amdoing this update by OTA wifi or by USB key.

Capture d’écran 2021-09-15 à 19.39.24.png

When I did mine Lincoln, it did not generate a .xml file... so it looks like they don't... can't say for Ford.  😎

9 hours ago, Multitask said:

Quand j'ai fait le mien Lincoln, il n'a pas généré de fichier .xml... donc on dirait qu'ils ne... ne peuvent pas dire pour Ford.  ??

Sorry, I don't know the Lincoln system. 🤔 google says:
https://owner.lincoln.com/support/how-tos/sync/sync/downloads-and-updates/how-to-install-sync-updates.html#/install-in-vehicle
https://owner.lincoln.com/support/how-tos/sync/sync/downloads-and-updates/how-to-report-sync-software-updates-to-lincoln-owner-account.html