• Welcome!

Welcome to the Ford SYNC Forum!  Please sign in here or create an account here.

New guy here, having issues with a Sony audio system.   I have a USB Stick with my music, every so often the input will switch from USB to blue tooth, then to RCA input and then AM/FM.   Question is this a Audio Control Module issue, or an APIM problem.

Thanks

While you are driving, when you start up the vehicle?  Some will need to know

What version of Sync (yes we know it's Sync 2) 8" or 4" screens...etc... details will help others

Edited by Multitask

Not sure of what version of Sync 2 but APIM was just replaced last week replaced so I would assume it's the latest version?  Eight inch touch screen and it is usually happens when I'm driving and can also happen when at at traffic light or stopped.

ETA Just found that it is Version 3.10

Edited by Dopic1

Hmm... I'm sure that has been talked about before.  I seem to remember that there is no fix for Sync 2 that I'm aware of

but wondering why the APIM was replaced?  Maybe a Master Reset will help ?

4 hours ago, Multitask said:

Hmm... I'm sure that has been talked about before.  I seem to remember that there is no fix for Sync 2 that I'm aware of

but wondering why the APIM was replaced?  Maybe a Master Reset will help ?

The APIM was replace because of Blue Tooth connectivity issues,  I did do a master reset, a screen calibration and still having issues with the audio inputs switching randomly while driving or sitting still.  There seems to be no rhyme or reason as to when or why this is happening.