• Welcome!

Welcome to the Ford SYNC Forum!  Please sign in here or create an account here.

Sign in to follow this  
livuk14

What version of sync is this???

Hi

I have just bought a 2021 Ford Transit Custom which was sold with what was supposedly Sync 3 but when I go onto the ford owners site for updates it say Sync is not installed in my vehicle so there are no updates available.

I have googled the software version of my Sync system but cannot find any info on it whatsoever, also when I watch youtube videos of the Sync everyone's system says Sync 3 in the about page  whereas mine just says Sync?

So what Sync version do I actually have?? I cannot get a wifi signal to automatically install updates as my wifi at work or home does not reach the van so I am stuck with having to manually do by usb but as Ford says I do not have a Sync system I physically Can't do.

Also if this is a basic Sync system can it be updated to a Sync 3 system with sat nav with a new module and does anyone know if this is something that the Ford garages do??

Thanks In advance!

20210519_181121.jpg

20210521_090146.jpg

Hi livuk14. You just purchased a new 2021 vehicle, so I would recommend you stop by or contact the Ford Dealer you purchased from, and them why you do not seem to have a SYNC version installed.

Out of curiosity...where are you located?

If you had SYNC, it would be a version of SYNC 3.4.

Let us know how you make out and good luck.

Edited by bbf2530

From the looks of it , you are from a right side driving place....  and it could be Sync 4, but it will depend on what vehicle you purchased...

as was said, you should contact your dealer to see what it is supposed to be

The company I bought it from doesn't know what version it is they just said it has a sync system? They buy the vans from Ford and put their own body kits on then lease or sell them on. 

I rang a local Ford dealer gave him my vin and he just said your van does not have a sync system in as did someone on live chat on the Ford site??

8 hours ago, livuk14 said:

The company I bought it from doesn't know what version it is they just said it has a sync system? They buy the vans from Ford and put their own body kits on then lease or sell them on. 

I rang a local Ford dealer gave him my vin and he just said your van does not have a sync system in as did someone on live chat on the Ford site??

Hi livuk. A local Ford Dealer states your Transit does not have SYNC installed. So does the Ford SYNC website. And so does the live chat on the Ford site.

Therefore, all the information you have provided would lead one to believe (blind Internet diagnosis), that your van does not have SYNC installed (a version of SYNC 3.4. is the latest version of SYNC available in the Ford Transit), and that the company you bought the van from was mistaken when they told you it did.

Again, out of curiosity, where are you located?

Good luck.

Hi

Well it's definitely got sync just not sure which version and whether it can be upgraded or not??

I'm in Blackburn in the UK.

Probably a version of Sync that is for the Transit, but not the 'official' one that you would get in any other Ford/Lincoln

Thing I do not see in the pic of the screen... no Nav button so it wouldn't have Nav (Sat where you are) either

Very basic.. 

On 5/22/2021 at 12:25 PM, livuk14 said:

Hi

Well it's definitely got sync just not sure which version and whether it can be upgraded or not??

I'm in Blackburn in the UK.

Hi livuk. The version is what is listed in your photo: F.1.7.1.1...etc. My thoughts are that the "version" listed in your photo is only a placeholder equivalent for "No SYNC version installed", since that is what you are being told by your Ford Dealer, the SYNC update website and SYNC chat. Therefore, it does not "definitely" have SYNC, unless perhaps it is some sort of commercial vehicle version of SYNC, as Multitask mentioned.

However, it definitely does not have SYNC 3.4 installed, which is the top version currently installed in most Ford/Lincoln vehicles with SYNC (other than a limited number of vehicles with the recently released SYNC4).

What SYNC functions does your Transit have which makes you believe it has SYNC, despite all you have been told by Ford, SYNC chat and the SYNC update website?

Also...keep in mind that this "SYNC" forum is simply an enthusiast website, and those of us trying to help are just fellow Ford/Lincoln owners trying to help each other. This is not a corporate Ford run website. At this point, any answers other than what you have already received will probably need to come from Ford of UK/Europe.

However, (please forgiving my repetitiveness)...It seems you have no SYNC version in your Transit and therefore can not update it either.

If you still believe otherwise, you should make an appointment at your Ford Dealer to have the issue diagnosed and repaired under warranty.

Let us know how you make out and good luck.

Edited by bbf2530