• Welcome!

Welcome to the Ford SYNC Forum!  Please sign in here or create an account here.

EliB

iPod touch 7th generation and Sync 3

Two observations. While using the USB collection in the console next to the seat on my 2020 Lincoln nautilus

In order to see all my playlists contents, initially I had to manually go into the playlists on the actual iPod. Now works great. Otherwise Sync 3 reported some lists empty

Occasionally I am finding my iPods battery dead and it has to recharge while driving.  Any idea why the battery would drain when the car is off?

thank you

Eli

Edited by EliB

Not sure about the power on the USB port , but the ipod is always on, and if it's not getting a charge from that port, then that would explain it....

It probably gets turned off when the vehicle is off....

I believe the issue was at the display on the iPod was staying on. I just turned on the display auto lock to 1 minute. We'll see if that has an effect but I believe the iPod was simply draining because it's screen was on

Could be... I have a Gen 7 touch, and I haven't seen that ti's having to 'charge', but then I keep it in the arm rest.

I even set it to Airplane mode do it does not 'try' connect to anything... 

On Playlists, I don't use them... so I'm not going to comment

Edited by Multitask

That may be a good idea. my ipod is also in the arm rest usb.  I think however the ipad having the setting auto lock off, in other words display always on is a  bad idea overnight or the iPad battery