• Welcome!

Welcome to the Ford SYNC Forum!  Please sign in here or create an account here.

Sign in to follow this  
sniper695

Sync questions, mainly voice dialing

When I voice dial say "Call contact name" if I only have one type of number for the contact it prompts if I want to call that number (cell, home work etc) but only sometimes, is there any way to just have it call the only number?

sync 2?  4" or 8" screen?

have you updated your Sync?

if it's a modern phone (2 years or less) Sync may have an issue with it as it's almost 10 years old now.

All that being said.

As I'm reading this you tell it to dial one phone listing (Mom for instance) and sometimes it does and sometimes it does not?

If you know what type of number it is, you can try telling sync to ‘call contact at home/cell/work’, etc. and see if it eliminates the extra prompt.

On 7/8/2020 at 6:21 PM, Multitask said:

sync 2?  4" or 8" screen?

have you updated your Sync?

if it's a modern phone (2 years or less) Sync may have an issue with it as it's almost 10 years old now.

All that being said.

As I'm reading this you tell it to dial one phone listing (Mom for instance) and sometimes it does and sometimes it does not?

It is a bigger screen I believe 8in. It just has an unnecessary prompt sometimes. I say call mom, it says mom only has a cell number do you want to call cell. I would like to just call cell by default. Or if there is only one number to just call that number.

You can say , call mom cell , and it should dial right away...  I think it uses the settings of the phone, so if you don't have it set that MOM is CELL only, then it might ask.