Jump to content
  • Welcome!

    Welcome to the Ford SYNC Forum!  Please sign in here or create an account here.



Sign in to follow this  

Recommended Posts

Got in a message in the FordPass app that a new map update is available.  Went to the map update site and there indeed was a free map update available for download.  I downloaded the files and created the USB per the instructions.  When I try to perform the update I get error LST_ERR05 which means the license file is missing.  However, the license file is there in the correct location per the download instructions.

 

Then, I called the specified 800 number and was advised to do several things that I had already tried so they created an escalation ticket.  When I did the free update last year, I had a couple of issues and reached a separate company that was extremely helpful and responsive.  Seems like the map support is now back with Ford/Sync support.

 

Anyone else attempted to install this update?

2018 Fusion Platinum

Sync version 19205

Current Map 1.18

 

Sync ver.jpg

Map ver.jpg

Edited by alcohenusa

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, alcohenusa said:

Got in a message in the FordPass app that a new map update is available.  Went to the map update site and there indeed was a free map update available for download.  I downloaded the files and created the USB per the instructions.  When I try to perform the update I get error LST_ERR05 which means the license file is missing.  However, the license file is there in the correct location per the download instructions.

 

Then, I called the specified 800 number and was advised to do several things that I had already tried so they created an escalation ticket.  When I did the free update last year, I had a couple of issues and reached a separate company that was extremely helpful and responsive.  Seems like the map support is now back with Ford/Sync support.

 

Anyone else attempted to install this update?

2018 Fusion Platinum

Sync version 19205

Current Map 1.18

 

 

 

 

Hi alcohenusa. Just need to check: You placed the "License File" inside the yellow, "SyncMyRide" folder?

 

If yes, then all I can recommend is to re-download and reinstall, or wait for Customer Service to come up with another solution.

 

I downloaded the NAV maps update for my MKZ a short time ago, but have not tried installing yet. I'll post back if I can some up with anything.

 

Keep us updated and good luck.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, bbf2530 said:

 

Hi alcohenusa. Just need to check: You placed the "License File" inside the yellow, "SyncMyRide" folder?

 

If yes, then all I can recommend is to re-download and reinstall, or wait for Customer Service to come up with another solution.

 

I downloaded the NAV maps update for my MKZ a short time ago, but have not tried installing yet. I'll post back if I can some up with anything.

 

Keep us updated and good luck.


Thanks for the reply. Yes, the license file Is in the SyncMyRide folder. I have downloaded multiple times and tried multiple USB sticks with the same result.  I’ll back off from the definition of insanity for now and see if they get back to me within the 3 business day window.  If we don’t resolve anything, maybe I’ll try ordering the $40 USB and see if it works.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, alcohenusa said:


Thanks for the reply. Yes, the license file Is in the SyncMyRide folder. I have downloaded multiple times and tried multiple USB sticks with the same result.  I’ll back off from the definition of insanity for now and see if they get back to me within the 3 business day window.  If we don’t resolve anything, maybe I’ll try ordering the $40 USB and see if it works.

 

Hi alcohenusa. One other thought. Are you using a 2.0 or 3.0 USB stick? While the website states to try and use a USB 3.0, many of us have discovered that SYNC 3 and USB 3.0 don't work and play well with each other.

 

Therefore, I would recommend this; Whichever you used, either USB 2.0 or 3.0, try re-downloading and using the other. Other than the hour or so of time you can never get back in your life, there is nothing to lose by trying. 🙃

 

Let us know how you make out and good luck.

Edited by bbf2530

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, bbf2530 said:

 

Hi alcohenusa. One other thought. Are you using a 2.0 or 3.0 USB stick? While the website states to try and use a USB 3.0, many of us have discovered that SYNC 3 and USB 3.0 don't work and play well with each other.

 

Therefore, I would recommend this; Whichever you used, either USB 2.0 or 3.0, try re-downloading and using the other. Other than the hour or so of time you can never get back in your life, there is nothing to lose by trying. 🙃

 

Let us know how you make out and good luck.


Thanks again.  I tried both 2.0 and 3.0. I thought it was unusal for the site to recommend using 3.0 witht the issues many of us have had.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

the more modern cars are supposed to use/like USB 3, but there are issues.... it seems with brands ... so most USB 2 work better just slower.

 

you formatted as exFAT I'll assume

make sure the auto list shows the names just as the file names are... no missing or extra characters.

you should have 2 files (one is the zero size index) and a folder named SyncMyRide will all the needed files in it.

 

if that is all true... then all you can do is wait for them to get back to you.

 

and of course, this is a stock Sync 3, not an upgraded one from Sync 2 ?  (i know 2018 but ya never know)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Multitask said:

the more modern cars are supposed to use/like USB 3, but there are issues.... it seems with brands ... so most USB 2 work better just slower.

 

you formatted as exFAT I'll assume

make sure the auto list shows the names just as the file names are... no missing or extra characters.

you should have 2 files (one is the zero size index) and a folder named SyncMyRide will all the needed files in it.

 

if that is all true... then all you can do is wait for them to get back to you.

 

and of course, this is a stock Sync 3, not an upgraded one from Sync 2 ?  (i know 2018 but ya never know)

 

 

Thanks Multitask.  After reviewing the file list it appears the website gave me the wrong license file.  It downloaded JR3T-14G424-CD.TAR.GZ but it is looking for JR3T-14G424-CE.TAR.GZ.  I just re-downloaded the license file and got the correct one but now it gives me a new license error LIC-ERR01.

 

I am now redownloading the entire update and will update with what happens.

 

Edited by alcohenusa

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The car goes by the auto list for what files to look for.... it is also case sensitive, so they have to be EXACT

redownloading it all might help.  😎

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Multitask said:

The car goes by the auto list for what files to look for.... it is also case sensitive, so they have to be EXACT

redownloading it all might help.  😎

 

At first, the new download made no difference and I still got the LIC_ERR01 code, and Sync would not accept any Navigation voice commands (though touch worked).  The Sync help desk did not have any info on the error code.

 

So, enough was enough and I disconnected the battery to reset everything.  After reconnecting the battery Sync would still not accept any Nav voice commands .  I plugged in the update USB again and the update ran through the documented process and was successful.  The process took just about an hour.  Don't be fooled by the first bogus message (about 1/2 way through) that says you are done and need to do a key cycle.  The system restarts after that message and still needs the update USB to finish.

 

I now have map  NA 1 19 and all  is GOOD!!

 

Thanks again to those who replied to my problem and hopefully this story will help someone else.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had to wait through about 4 reboots before it was good.

 

So for those about to do this, wait till it tells you to take the drive out.... it might be 2 or 3 or 4 reboots... and about an hour...

 

Oh, and Glad it is all working now.  It would be nice to know what was added, subtracted as far as POIs, streets that would be a long list.  😎

 

Edited by Multitask

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Will I am getting the same error 05 as everyone else. I have downloaded the files twice, reformatted the USB twice.  I just put the USB in and it very quickly said it was done and to remove the USB. Well I did just that. Guess I should have left it in. When I insert the USB now I am back to getting the 05 error.  Guess I may try it again tomorrow or just give up. I see no reason for Ford to make an update so hard to do in this modern world. Glad to see someone actually got it to work. Gives me hope (slight).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Karman said:

Will I am getting the same error 05 as everyone else. I have downloaded the files twice, reformatted the USB twice.  I just put the USB in and it very quickly said it was done and to remove the USB. Well I did just that. Guess I should have left it in. When I insert the USB now I am back to getting the 05 error.  Guess I may try it again tomorrow or just give up. I see no reason for Ford to make an update so hard to do in this modern world. Glad to see someone actually got it to work. Gives me hope (slight).


Hi Karman,  If you are getting the LST_ERR05 error that means it cannot find the license file.  Be sure it is in the SyncMyRide folder on the USB.  Also see Multitask’s post above to see if if the file names match exactly. My initial download produced an incorrect file/file name for the license file.

 

One last thing, below is text from an email I received form the Sync support team. They did not call me as I expected they would, they just sent this email explaining how to re-download and be sure to get the correct license file for your vehicle. I already had mine fixed by the time they sent this.  

 

The following steps should resolve the license file issue...
 
The following steps should resolve the license file issue:
 
  • Close any old browser pages (Internet Explorer, Google, etc.) from the previous download performed from the Order Complete Page as a precaution.
  • Return to the Order Confirmation e-mail.
  • Click on the link in the e-mail to access your order and return to the Order Complete page.
  • From the Order Complete page, click on the #3 Download License File box, and the new NA1.19 license file will be downloaded.
  • Delete any old license files from the SyncMyRide folder on the USB, and replace with the correct license file.

Good luck.

 

Edited by alcohenusa

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, alcohenusa said:


Hi Karman,  If you are getting the LST_ERR05 error that means it cannot find the license file.  Be sure it is in the SyncMyRide folder on the USB.  Also see Multitask’s post above to see if if the file names match exactly. My initial download produced an incorrect file/file name for the license file.

 

One last thing, below is text from an email I received form the Sync support team. They did not call me as I expected they would, they just sent this email explaining how to re-download and be sure to get the correct license file for your vehicle. I already had mine fixed by the time they sent this.  

 

The following steps should resolve the license file issue...
 
The following steps should resolve the license file issue:
 
  • Close any old browser pages (Internet Explorer, Google, etc.) from the previous download performed from the Order Complete Page as a precaution.
  • Return to the Order Confirmation e-mail.
  • Click on the link in the e-mail to access your order and return to the Order Complete page.
  • From the Order Complete page, click on the #3 Download License File box, and the new NA1.19 license file will be downloaded.
  • Delete any old license files from the SyncMyRide folder on the USB, and replace with the correct license file.

Good luck.

 

 

Hi alcohenusa. Thank you for the heads up on that license file error.

 

While I have not performed the install on my 2018 MKZ yet (waiting for a long drive ), I did check the license file I downloaded the first time and discovered I had the same issue as you. It was "JR3T-14G424-CD.TAR.GZ".

 

So I followed the instructions sent to you, re-downloaded the license file and now have the proper "JR3T-14G424-CE.TAR.GZ" license file

 

You hopefully saved me some time and aggravation. I'll post back with my results after I perform the install.

 

Thanks again and good luck.

Edited by bbf2530

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have the CE lic file. Here are screen shots of my files.  Think I have correct files? Well it gets the same error, 005. I even downloaded a new lic file. Maybe the battery disconnect is something?

2020-07-09 12.48.06 (Small).jpg

2020-07-09 12.48.31 (Small).jpg

Edited by Karman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Karman said:

I have the CE lic file. Here are screen shots of my files.  Think I have correct files? Well it gets the same error, 005. I even downloaded a new lic file. Maybe the battery disconnect is something?

2020-07-09 12.48.06 (Small).jpg

2020-07-09 12.48.31 (Small).jpg


What is the complete error code?  There is more than one that ends in 05.

 

Also, you can open the autoinstall.lst file to see if it is looking for the CE version of the license file and make sure you have all the files it is looking for.  My SyncMyRide folder has 7 files after I added the license file.  Two of them have the CE designation, the license file (14G424) and another file (14G421).  I don’t see the second one in your list.  You may want to re-download everything and redo the USB.

Edited by alcohenusa

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, I got it to work this afternoon. I completely started over with a new download set to another laptop computer. I appears i was missing one file in the tries previously. Don't know why. It did take an hour to complete. Several times it appears to be a normal Ford screen but there is a banner at the top saying an update is in progress. I now have 1 19 map. Here are files from my installation. 272847216_2020-07-0914_33_33(Small).jpg.e32bd1973be7889fc2ad8a1f929c54b5.jpg

2020-07-09 14.33.47 (Small).jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Custom Search

×