• Welcome!

Welcome to the Ford SYNC Forum!  Please sign in here or create an account here.

Sign in to follow this  
2016fordtaurus

voice recognition not ready 2016 ford sync 3

after a wifi sync 3 with nav update the voice recognition is not inop.  does anyone have any experience with this

What version is it at now?

Maight take a little time to start working again... hours I would imagine....

2016 would be Sync 2, so you must be one that updated to Sync 3

Edited by Multitask

Sync3, 2017 Fusion, Version 3.0.  Steering wheel button doesn't do anything.  No prompt whatsoever.  TBH, I hadn't ever tried this until yesterday as I was waiting for a vaccine shot and had tons of time to burn in the car.  Ideas?

again... a 2017 will not have Sync 3, unless you did the hardware upgrade....

Even with that, I've seen that you might have to install the files again...  or it was not programed right....

On 4/1/2021 at 6:05 AM, NCEcoBoost said:

Sync3, 2017 Fusion, Version 3.0.  Steering wheel button doesn't do anything.  No prompt whatsoever.  TBH, I hadn't ever tried this until yesterday as I was waiting for a vaccine shot and had tons of time to burn in the car.  Ideas?

Hi NCEco. Just to avoid confusion for you and others: SYNC 3 was available on the 2017 Fusion.

Here is the vehicle/trim level breakdown as to availability:

-SYNC 3 was not available on the S model. Only SYNC.

-SYNC 3 was optional on the SE trim level as part of the "Luxury Package". EDIT - Also as part of the "Technology Package" and "Drivers Assist Package".

-SYNC3 was standard equipment on the Titanium, Platinum and Sport trim levels.

Concerning your voice control issue: I would recommend trying a SYNC master reset. The instructions are in your Owners Manual. If that does not work, you can try disconnecting the battery for 10 minutes (although that is a band-aid type of fix).

If that does not work, then a trip to the Dealer for diagnosis and service may be necessary.

Let us know how you make out and good luck.

Edited by bbf2530

Yup, my brain was still thinking of the 2016 from the OP...

and yes, a reset, or a visit is needed... 

Hard to believe it has been that long already... 

Edited by Multitask

20 hours ago, bbf2530 said:

Hi NCEco. Just to avoid confusion for you and others: SYNC 3 was available on the 2017 Fusion.

Here is the vehicle/trim level breakdown as to availability:

-SYNC 3 was not available on the S model. Only SYNC.

-SYNC 3 was optional on the SE trim level as part of the "Luxury Package".

-SYNC3 was standard equipment on the Titanium, Platinum and Sport trim levels.

Concerning your voice control issue: I would recommend trying a SYNC master reset. The instructions are in your Owners Manual. If that does not work, you can try disconnecting the battery for 10 minutes (although that is a band-aid type of fix).

If that does not work, then a trip to the Dealer for diagnosis and service may be necessary.

Let us know how you make out and good luck.

Thanks for the advice.  Sync3 was available on the '17 Fusion SE with the Technology Package (which is what I have), in addition to the Luxury Package.  Sync Connect only came on the LP, which is what the brochure screwed up on  - it had said it was on the TP and I expected to have it but don't.  Oh, Ford....I have to go to the dealership soon for the annual state inspection, so I'll mention it then.  Yeah, I know how to do a reset, but let them do it, I hope.  Watch me have other issues afterward. (I still can't get the Ford Pass app to work; after it updated again yesterday, I finally sent a report about it.  Bet they've designed it to no longer work on older phones, like my Galaxy S6.  I'm NOT buying a new phone just for this nonsense).

Edited by NCEcoBoost

5 hours ago, NCEcoBoost said:

Thanks for the advice.  Sync3 was available on the '17 Fusion SE with the Technology Package (which is what I have), in addition to the Luxury Package.  Sync Connect only came on the LP, which is what the brochure screwed up on  - it had said it was on the TP and I expected to have it but don't.  Oh, Ford....I have to go to the dealership soon for the annual state inspection, so I'll mention it then.  Yeah, I know how to do a reset, but let them do it, I hope.  Watch me have other issues afterward. (I still can't get the Ford Pass app to work; after it updated again yesterday, I finally sent a report about it.  Bet they've designed it to no longer work on older phones, like my Galaxy S6.  I'm NOT buying a new phone just for this nonsense).

Hi NCE. Yes, you are correct and thanks for adding that information. Just checked the Dealers Order Guide again, and now realize I did not read far enough down the options  list to see that SYNC 3 was also included in the 2017 Fusion "Technology Package". I also just noticed that "SYNC Connect" is included when the "Drivers Assist Package" (90A) is ordered.

To avoid any future confusion for others who may read this thread, I will edit my previous post to add that information.

Good luck.

Yes, I did see the Drivers Assist Package as well.  BUT, it required the Luxury Package, that I didn't want, so I skipped the whole thing.  BTW, I just saw in the Owners Manual how easy it is to do a reset, so I'll do it next time I'm out and about.

30 minutes ago, NCEcoBoost said:

Yes, I did see the Drivers Assist Package as well.  BUT, it required the Luxury Package, that I didn't want, so I skipped the whole thing.  BTW, I just saw in the Owners Manual how easy it is to do a reset, so I'll do it next time I'm out and about.

Hi NCE. It all gets very confusing...and the deeper we look the more confusing it gets. lol

However...for the 2017 model year Fusion, the "Drivers Assist Package" (90A), officially named the "SE Luxury Drivers Assist Package", actually required the "Technology Package", not the "Luxury Package". So you could have ordered it with your "Technology Package" equipped 2017 SE.

I know...Oy vey.

Good luck.