• Welcome!

Welcome to the Ford SYNC Forum!  Please sign in here or create an account here.

Sign in to follow this  
Mark H

Synce 3 update .ZIP file issues

Hi Guys,

I have downloaded the .ZIP file several times and have had no luck with Stuffit or the default MAC Archives to un zip it. Stuffit says it is an "unrecognized compression format" Ford owner chat, (who I found to be very helpful By the way) said the are having some software issues. Ya think? I am computer savvy enough to know how to use a .ZIP file, but have had no luck un compressing it. I have been totally unsuccessful with the WiFi update as well.. I have a 2018 F-150 Lariat. Any ides?

Thanks

M

1 hour ago, Mark H said:

Hi Guys,

I have downloaded the .ZIP file several times and have had no luck with Stuffit or the default MAC Archives to un zip it. Stuffit says it is an "unrecognized compression format" Ford owner chat, (who I found to be very helpful By the way) said the are having some software issues. Ya think? I am computer savvy enough to know how to use a .ZIP file, but have had no luck un compressing it. I have been totally unsuccessful with the WiFi update as well.. I have a 2018 F-150 Lariat. Any ides?

Thanks

M

Hi M. Just a wild shot in the Dark which is probably way off target: There are Mac and PC versions of SYNC downloads. Are you downloading the correct version for your (I assume) Mac?

WiFi updates are problematic for most owners. Seems to be a little better with later 2019 and 2020 models.

Good luck.

My Mac seems to have no problems with it, other than sometimes it treats the file in folders as just file... so I have to make the folder,  move them in and rename them..

The default program to un.zip is Archive Utility

Edited by Multitask

Hi Guys... problem resolved... I had not unchecked the "open safe files after downloading" box in the Safari preferences.. THEN had to move the files in the SYNCMYRIDE folder one at a time to the USB space.. once done the update worked no problem.. Now if I can just find the Ambient lighting control that I am supposed to have it will be a win win...

Thanks

M

hi, did you send over the " Tarball files "  in the SYNCMYRIDE to your usb stick, or did you extract every single file from the tarballs files to your usb stick...thanks...

THere should be 2 files and a folder with the files in it...

One file is the autoinstall.lst

one is the DONTINDX.MSA (only needed so the system does not try to index it)

And the SyncMyRide folder

inside the folder are the xxx.TAR.gz files

as long as you have only those 3 items on your flash drive (recommended a USB 2 drive as USB 3 tend to not work on pre 2018 cars) , and they are the correct ones, then you are good to go