Jump to content
  • Welcome!

    Welcome to the Ford SYNC Forum!  Please sign in here or create an account here.



davesteltz

2019 Ford with Sync3 without XM radio

Recommended Posts

I just purchased a 2019 F150 with Sync3 and the 8 inch screen. It doesnt have XM radio and I would like to add it. I have the old external unit from Sirius but I would like to have it on the factory radio/screen.

I went to two local Ford dealers and basically got the "deer in headlights" look and answers.

Looking for some help. A local stereo shop told me that its a module and possible some software install ti add it, but again the dealers have no clue.

 

Thanks for any help I can get

 

Dave

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, davesteltz said:

I just purchased a 2019 F150 with Sync3 and the 8 inch screen. It doesnt have XM radio and I would like to add it.


On the 'Audio/Sources page of your Sync3 screen you should have a Sirius/XM button (see pic below).  If you purchased from a Ford dealer that button should be active with several months of free satellite radio service.  If it isn't press the button for instructions to sign up.
image.png.dfd6bcdcd5b3102c95fa2247fb4d9aa4.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well like I stated, I DONT have XM on the radio. Its not that I havent signed up, yhe XM app is NOT installed on my radio

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, davesteltz said:

Well like I stated, I DONT have XM on the radio. Its not that I havent signed up, yhe XM app is NOT installed on my radio


Ok Dave, chill.  You hadn't gotten a single reply for 20 hours or so and I thought I'd offer up an option.  Quite a few owners 'miss' that Sources button in the audio page.  I've seen posts asking how to select Am/Fm on forums before and thought 'maybe' you'd missed the button in your New F150.  

Gadget out.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Gadgetjq said:


Ok Dave, chill.  You hadn't gotten a single reply for 20 hours or so and I thought I'd offer up an option.  Quite a few owners 'miss' that Sources button in the audio page.  I've seen posts asking how to select Am/Fm on forums before and thought 'maybe' you'd missed the button in your New F150.  

Gadget out.

 

Gadget, sorry didnt mean to sound mad...I bought this truck and when I found out that XM wasnt in the radio, I also found out that two local Ford dealers looked at me like I had two heads. When they realized that I was correct, they had no clue on what to tell me, which is frustrating. And looking on the web, I can find any answers, and that is driving me a little crazy...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So for anyone interested or not, I already had a subscription to XM. What I found i that the APP for my phone is free and there is no extra charge for using it. So using the carplay feature, I now have XM thru my phone and also GPS...basically anything that comes up on the phone will show on the radio screen.

 

Problem solved

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, davesteltz said:

So for anyone interested or not, I already had a subscription to XM. What I found i that the APP for my phone is free and there is no extra charge for using it. So using the carplay feature, I now have XM thru my phone and also GPS...basically anything that comes up on the phone will show on the radio screen.

 

Problem solved

Interesting, thanks for sharing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Glad that was your 'fix' , unfortunately some of the vehicles do not come with Sirius or XM or both.  it saves you about 3 bucks in parts... so I say sheesh on Ford!!!!

 

If it comes right down to it, you could get an ACM from another vehicle and put it in , and a tad of programing....  but in the long run, as long as you are happy.  😎

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Custom Search

×