Jump to content
  • Welcome!

    Welcome to the Ford SYNC Forum!  Please sign in here or create an account here.



Angbobian

Refs Sync3 & Waze Navigation Sound

Recommended Posts

Not sure if im in right section for this I have Ford Tourneo Custom 2019  I have problem with either Sync 3 or Waze App that is running via phone when Waze gives directions I cant hear them because I have radio on I can hear sound but its just not loud enough if I turn down radio sound on Waze goes down as well I have turned Waze sound up fully no difference if the radio is  not on there is no problem in hearing the direction from Waze same problem if Im playing music via Phone witch is a iPhone 6 please help driving me nuts 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Angbobian said:

Not sure if im in right section for this I have Ford Tourneo Custom 2019  I have problem with either Sync 3 or Waze App that is running via phone when Waze gives directions I cant hear them because I have radio on I can hear sound but its just not loud enough if I turn down radio sound on Waze goes down as well I have turned Waze sound up fully no difference if the radio is  not on there is no problem in hearing the direction from Waze same problem if Im playing music via Phone witch is a iPhone 6 please help driving me nuts 

 

Hi Angbobian.  Just taking a few wild/educated guesses here, since I have not used Waze in my car yet. First, have you tried turning up the physical volume on the phone itself yet? On my previous MKZ, the volume needed to be turned up on the iPod first, then adjusted with the audio system volume control.

Also, have you tried turning up the volume on the SYNC system while Waze is giving directions?

 

Again, just wild/educated guesses here, until an expert jumps in.

 

Let us know how you make out and good luck.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

yes all sound is up on phone and as i said if turn down radio ie That is Sync system waze direction sounds and radio go down ie the volume knob unless there is another one i dont know about

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It is definitely worth trying to adjust the volume but only **whilst** Waze is actually talking... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Angbobian said:

yes all sound is up on phone and as i said if turn down radio ie That is Sync system waze direction sounds and radio go down ie the volume knob unless there is another one i dont know about

 

Hi angbobian.  I'm not 100% sure we are saying the same thing, so just to be clear: As I stated earlier and asteele reiterated, adjust the volume while Waze is speaking/giving a direction. Similar to what must be done to adjust the NAV volume or a phone call on SYNC. The adjustment must be made while the particular system is actually speaking.

 

My apologies if that is what you were saying you did. It just isn't clear to me we are saying the same thing. If that does not work, then it may be necessary to stop by and talk with your Salesperson to see if they can help, or schedule a service visit.

 

Good luck.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, the sound from the Radio and the Sound from the Apps, are independent of each other, BUT, as was stated the control for the 'voice' in Waze (and Google Maps) needs to get adjusted while the voice is talking.  You could turn down the volume of the radio, then when you hear the voice from Waze turn it up... 

 

Not sure about the iPhones, but as was said, make sure ' all ' the volumes are set as high as they can be (Android has 3-5 depending on what settings) . i.e. MEdia, Phone, Music, etc....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Find that a daft reply of course i have tried the volume when waze is giving directions

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When waze is speaking and i turn volume the radio goes up so does waze but because of radio you cant hear clearly what is beine said

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Angbobian said:

Find that a daft reply of course i have tried the volume when waze is giving directions

 

Hi Ang. Well, no mind readers here, so it can not be assumed that you "of course" did anything, since it was not clearly stated in earlier posts.  And three people all felt there needed to be some clarification, so the replies are obviously less "daft" than you imagine. So moving right along...

 

Unless anyone else has thoughts and/or ideas, it would seem you will need to stop in and ask your Dealership personnel for assistance or make a service appointment.

Edited by bbf2530

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm sure we have all had the same issues...  The Sync Voice volume and Waze Voice Volume are controlled independently.  Ford (or maybe Google) made it so you have to adjust it as it's talking.  Same with Google Maps... but I'm talking about this as an Android User...

Not 100% sure if it's the same with iOS

 

I'd also say time to talk with the dealer...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Multitask said:

I'm sure we have all had the same issues...  The Sync Voice volume and Waze Voice Volume are controlled independently.  Ford (or maybe Google) made it so you have to adjust it as it's talking.  Same with Google Maps... but I'm talking about this as an Android User...

Not 100% sure if it's the same with iOS

 

I'd also say time to talk with the dealer...

 

 

Hi Multitask.  I can verify that it is the same with iOS. 🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, bbf2530 said:

 

Hi Multitask.  I can verify that it is the same with iOS. 🙂

 

Kewl

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/12/2019 at 10:19 PM, Multitask said:

 

Kewl

Well you guys were right i know have volume going up when navigation speaks why it did not work before i have no idea i had tried many times just did not work for some reason it has just stated to work thanks to everyones reply

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Angbobian said:

Well you guys were right i know have volume going up when navigation speaks why it did not work before i have no idea i had tried many times just did not work for some reason it has just stated to work thanks to everyones reply

 

Hi Ang.  Glad to hear things are working properly with the volume control. And thanks for letting us know we, and our replies, were not as "daft" as you thought. 🤗

 

Good luck. 🙂

Edited by bbf2530

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

whom ever desided that the volumn be controld independant should have considered a place to controld it in the menus.... but I don't run the world... 😎

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know Angbobian said that he got it working above but just to point out that there is also a volume setting within the Waze settings that should also be turned up. Also set the Pause spoken audio to ON.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Custom Search

×