• Welcome!

Welcome to the Ford SYNC Forum!  Please sign in here or create an account here.

HotRod69

Going from sync 2 to 3?

Idk how to start this kinda new to the forum life... but I have a 2016 fusion se but loaded so basically the highest trim level but can’t update the sync from sync 2 I believe to sync 3 with apple car play ... when I go to MyFord.com It says my car is already updated and needs no updates is there anything I can do? Free would be nice lol 

Actually yes , he can, but it will require changing out the hardware and some reprograming.

Figure you can spend as little as $700 or as much as $1200, depending on if you do it all your self, or pay someone to do it for you.

I did it to my 2013 FFH , and bought all the needed hardware, paid someone else to do the reprograming, and spent about $700

THere are people on ebay that will do it all (minus the swapping) for about $1200 I think...

It's all talked about on http://www.2gfusions.net/

21 minutes ago, Multitask said:

Actually yes , he can, but it will require changing out the hardware and some reprograming.

Figure you can spend as little as $700 or as much as $1200, depending on if you do it all your self, or pay someone to do it for you.

I did it to my 2013 FFH , and bought all the needed hardware, paid someone else to do the reprograming, and spent about $700

THere are people on ebay that will do it all (minus the swapping) for about $1200 I think...

It's all talked about on http://www.2gfusions.net/

Sound like:

You cannot update to Sync 3, totally different systems (hardware & software) 

I"m going to assume you meant that it can't be done by just putting in a USB stick and software updating, then you are correct.

But you can do it with swapping out 2 pieces of hardware, 3 if you need the screen, and some cables.... 

Like I said, I did it, so anyone can do it.

I plan on upgrading my 2018 FFH so it has Nav and HD Radio, should be WAY easier than I did with my 2013 FFH

Yes, the op was looking for a software update.

On 1/25/2019 at 11:42 AM, HotRod69 said:

when I go to MyFord.com It says my car is already updated and needs no updates

4 hours ago, NOTMY911 said:

Yes, the op was looking for a software update.

Yup, I saw that, and I let him know that it's a hardware swap rather than a software update.