• Welcome!

Welcome to the Ford SYNC Forum!  Please sign in here or create an account here.

Sign in to follow this  
Ryangsams

Random Text messages when phone connected

When I have my phone connected to my truck, the truck says I received messages from wife but she never sent and I don't have any contacts in other contacts in my phone under wife besides her. Has this ever happened to anyone else? It's a 2018 F-150 with updated sync. Phone is a Google pixel XL. My Sync system is up to date, and my phone is updated to Android 9. On the sync website i notice it says the phone is compatible with Android 8. Could my issue be just from my phone being on a newer OS update?

could they be old messages that you didn't open? if you just see/read the notification, then the message isn't marked as read.

maybe try marking all messages as read in your messaging app?

Evidently I forgot to come back and respond. My Sync is not updated to the current version yet I cannot update it since I am unable to create a Ford owner account since I get a system error everytime I try. I have even chatted with a customer service about it and then didn't have a time frame for a fix and that was in November/December.