• Welcome!

Welcome to the Ford SYNC Forum!  Please sign in here or create an account here.

Sign in to follow this  
lonepinedm

Speed limits on navigation screen

I have a 2016 Escape Titanium with map version NA 1 14 installed. I also have a 2018 Ecosport with map version NA 1 15 installed. It seems that the speed limit sign that is displayed on the right hand edge of the bar at the bottom with the street name is no longer displayed on the NA 1 15. Does anyone else have that issue with that version? I am wondering if removing that is intentional due to liability issues? No one at Ford or HERE can answer my question. The NA 1 14 does show the speed limit. Does anyone have a newer version than NA 1 15?

I believe that has to do with the OS updates. If you are on Sync 3 2.x, maybe moving to something newer like 3.0

Edited by Multitask

I have a 2017 Ford Edge Titanium with NA 1 15 software version V3.0 and the speed limit shows on the center 8" screen near the street name and also on the driver right hand 4.7" display on the far right if that display is in the navigation option. It displayed the same way with the V2.3 that came installed in my vehicle.

Since NA 1 15 is 3 years out of date, there are a lot of roads that don't have their speed limit in the mapping data.

I wish that Ford would put the speed limit display on the drivers 4.7" display on the left side of that display so that it would be closer to the speedometer and easier to see.

Edited by FordGuy

Yea, apparently the HERE company does not do updates very fast.

and you are right, that would be a great hack for someone to figure out. <wink>

My Sync version is 3, so it is current. Am thinking now that it might be only the Ecosport. I would be interested in others that have an Ecosport.

I asked on another site, the speeds should be there if you have Nav, but not all the speeds show. If you don't see it on the Nav, its' not going to be there for the cluster.

The person I was talking to said that Canada does not show all the speeds, regardless.

And it shows on the right side...

Edited by Multitask

My Ecosport does not show speed limits at all on any road. My Escape with the NA 1 14 version shows the speed limits on those same roads. I am stumped as to who to contact or where to go from here.

both have Sync 3? and same updated versions?

Might want to talk to the dealer, see if they are aware of an update, or maybe the EcoSport does not do that.

My Ford has Sync3 V3.0 with map 1.16. Shows speed limit but not all the time. Depends what road I am on. The maps are so way out of date in Australia that I spend half the time being showed that I am in the middle of a paddock instead of on a road.

These days I an just using AA with Google Maps or Waze

I don't use them, but I think both can do the speed limits