• Welcome!

Welcome to the Ford SYNC Forum!  Please sign in here or create an account here.

Sign in to follow this  
FordGuy

Sync2 - V3.10 Requiring Dealer Install

I have a 2014 Taurus Limited with Navigation and SyncMyRide said there is an update to download. I downloaded the update V3.10 and when I tried to install it in the Taurus it said that it needed to be installed by the dealer. Anybody else have this problem?

redden18, a person on another Ford forum told me how to modify the autoinstall.lst to make it install without needing the dealer, but before I used his fix I decided to download the software again from Ford. The new download actually contained the exact same fix that redden18 had given me. I then installed it on my 2014 Ford Taurus and it is working fine. I had sent an email to the Ford IVT team telling them of this problem a few weeks ago, so maybe that prompted them to fix it?

I just installed V3.10 to my 2015 F350. You definitely have to be patient and it will take 35 to 40 minutes to install. If I remember correctly, it restarts 3 times. It also hangs up in one spot for nearly 15 minutes. It is tempting to interrupt it but I let the truck continue idling while the radio seemed to be doing nothing. Eventually everything was successful screen showed up and I paired my phone back to it again. It took several attempts on my computer to upload the xlm file to the Ford website. Tomorrow my A9 map sd card should arrive and everything will be up to snuff.