• Welcome!

Welcome to the Ford SYNC Forum!  Please sign in here or create an account here.

Upgraded Sync 3 V.3 to the latest build 18025 and lost the ability to use voice command. I press the button on the steering wheel and all i get is "voice recognition not ready" on the radio displayed.

Any ideas on this?

try a Master Reset? That update worked on mine just fine and I did the hardware update from Sync 2 to Sync 3

I have the same problem, went through different suggestions and master reset. Still no voice recognition, Help!! My update came through the automatic update on the unit??

Mine automatically updated itself and now I have the same “voice recognition not ready”. Did anyone find a solution?

I'm having this same issue. I tried re-installing Sync 3 version 3.0 with teh latest build, still not working. I never use the button to do anything, but it's quite irritating when I use the NAV and get no voice guidance from the system.

CAN ANYONE HELP US WITH THIS ISSUE??!!!

Mine did the same thing after I upgraded and a Maser Reset took care of it.  If that doen’t work, you can always try the battery disconnect.  

I’ve done a master reset within sync a few times. I guess I could try again? I’ve been thinking about disconnecting the battery lately. I’ll give it a shot and update. Thanks for the help!

Depending on where you got that update, if you got it '3rd party' it might not have been made for your vehicle. i.e. missing needed files for voice.

Depending on the update, it might have written an .html file , remove that and reinsert the update, see if it updates again...

I got my download from the Ford owner website after putting in my VIN. I'm looking at the zip file it downloaded that I put onto my USB, and I don't see any .html files, only .tar.gz files, 7 pof them in addition to the autoinstall.lst file and the DONTINDX.MSA file that came in the download itself. 

Time for the dealer then... you can show that you did the correct thing with the correct files and that happend. They should be able to fix it, hopefully under warranty.

How can you tell what version of Sync you are running?  Specifically build number.  Mine simply shows Sync 3 (not 3.3) and I don't see a build.

Currently it's just 3.0 for everyone up to the 2018's . 3.3 is for 2019's (from what I've read)

18xxx is the most recent build for 3.0 but most are on 17xxx

Doh!  I don't know how many times I looked at that screen and missed the build number.  My eyes don't work as good in my older age or maybe I need to get my glasses checked. B)

I hardly ever use the Sync voice, but rather the Android Auto one... but in my 18, I notice that 'sometimes' it does not mute what is playing, but will still recognize my voice

I see the same thing when I use AA and call by voice, I end up muting audio before making a call, I think the latest version of sync 18093 I started noticing the issue.

After 3hrs on the phone with tech support, nothing worked!! They told me I had to take it in to ford and leave it. I found the fix myself. They admitted there is an issue with their software. Here’s the fix, first turn off your phone bt and do a master reset. Then connect your sync to WiFi, turn on auto update. Then do a check for updates. Your system will take another update. Turn your car off. The next time you start your car, voice recognition will work again....

you are welcome!