• Welcome!

Welcome to the Ford SYNC Forum!  Please sign in here or create an account here.

pato

Sync 3.0 Waze Applink Iphone

Waze version 4.43.4 along with IOS 12 put Waze on Apple CarPlay now. Running Waze on CarPlay doesn't keep the iPhone screen lite up so the phone doesn't get hot like it does when using Ford AppLink. Also Google Maps is now on CarPlay.

When using Waze on Carplay pressing the microphone icon on the top right of the display and then saying your destination works real well. It works a lot better than the Ford voice recognition.

I keep getting a problem upon reconnecting with Apple Carplay though. The iPhone battery indicator goes from green to white then the phone vibrates and the battery indicator goes back to green. This keeps repeating but Carplay never starts. I tried rebooting the Sync3 system and reloading Carplay on the iPhone and vehicle, but same thing happens. I using the original iPhone USB cable. The only way out of this is to restart the Sync3 system by pressing the Seek+Power buttons and holding them tell Sync3 reboots. This works for awhile but then after a few reconnects it starts over again.

This restart problem was finally fixed by doing a "Master Reset" on the Sync3 system and reconnecting the iPhone to bluetooth and Carplay.

Edited by FordGuy

When Waze is connected and projected onto the Sync screen, I press the microphone icon on the sync screen and a window pops up that says "Listening". I give a verbal command, like "Ok Waze take me home" and nothing happens. The verbal commands work just fine on the phone app by itself when not connected to sync.

Does your microphone work ok when you just use Sync3 without your iPhone connected? There maybe a setting on iPhone to allow Apple CarPlay to use microphone.

Does your microphone work ok when you just use Sync3 without your iPhone connected? There maybe a setting on iPhone to allow Apple CarPlay to use microphone.

Apple CarPlay should have nothing to do with Waze since you have to disable CarPlay in order to use Waze with Sync 3. I have used the Alexa+Ford app and the microphone/verbal commands work just fine with it.