• Welcome!

Welcome to the Ford SYNC Forum!  Please sign in here or create an account here.

I'm trying to do my first sync upgrade on my 2013 Explorer and have tried every suggestion possible on the forum and I always get the same error "File Not Found" "Please check that the installation file is in the root directory of your storage device". So far I've tried:

1. (3) different USB drives
  2. Using touch screen for App updates
  3. Using steering wheel commands to select USB drive

At this point, It's either take it to the dealer or give up...

File Not Found.pdf

Sync Files.pdf

I am having the same problem updating my 2015 F150 from Sync 2 ver 5.8 to 5.9.

Cannot find any decent info on the web anywhere including here

I'm trying to do my first sync upgrade on my 2013 Explorer and have tried every suggestion possible on the forum and I always get the same error "File Not Found" "Please check that the installation file is in the root directory of your storage device". So far I've tried:

1. (3) different USB drives
  2. Using touch screen for App updates
  3. Using steering wheel commands to select USB drive

At this point, It's either take it to the dealer or give up...

Hey dougarndt,

Have you tried a master reset prior to inserting the USB? If not, please give that a try first:

http://owner.ford.com/how-tos/sync-technology/myford-touch/software-updates/how-to-perform-a-master-reset.html?sync=my-ford-touch

Also, did you unzip the file directly onto your USB or onto the desktop first?

I am having the same problem updating my 2015 F150 from Sync 2 ver 5.8 to 5.9.

Cannot find any decent info on the web anywhere including here

Hi ivisonj,

Please disregard the 5.9 update showing on your account. This was added to accounts by mistake and there is currently no file to download and install.

I'm have the same problem.

Which SYNC system do you have, James:

http://owner.ford.com/how-tos/sync-technology/all/get-started-with-sync/how-to-identify-your-sync-version.html

Currently, systems showing an invalid update are basic SYNC and SYNC with Voice-Activated Navigation. The 3.8 MyFord Touch update is valid and can be installed.

Rebecca

Edited by FordIVTteam

Yes, forgot to mention I did a master reset too. The files automatically unzip to my desktop unless I put the zipped file on the USB first. If I do that, do I then delete the zipped file off the USB before updating?

Thanks,

Doug

I was able to use a different program to unzip the files directly to the USB memory stick, but I still get the same errors.

The folder structure on the memory stick looks something like this...

• Gen2v38build15128updatepackageNARev2
    • autoinstall.lst
    • DONTINDX.MSA
    • SyncMyRide
      • BT4T-14D546-EE.cab
      • BT4T-14D546-FB.cab
      • EA5T-14D544-AD.zip
      • etc,

​​Is this correct?

Good morning everyone!

I just received word that the "file not found" error is for all updates currently showing available on the website. Please sit tight while my support investigates this. I don't have an ETA, but for those of you with MyFord Touch, I suggest trying to re-download 3.8 later this week.

Rebecca

Rebecca,

i once again download in new update from ford i used two differant thump drives. I'm now getting a code saying one or more files are bad.

any suggestions what I'm doing wrong.

Thanks

James

Hello Rebecca, I've been sitting tight for 2 wks now. An update would be appreciated.

Hi dougarndt,

Can you please try using Chrome, and clearing your cache and cookies prior to logging into your account. Also be sure to delete the files you already downloaded. Let me know if you're still getting the File Not Found error please.

Rebecca

Edited by FordIVTteam

I see this problem has been around for quite a while. Here it is 2021 and I am having the same problem. Did Ford ever find a fix?

doubt you'll get a response from Ford on this....

What do you have, what are you attempting to do?

7 hours ago, jjcooler said:

I see this problem has been around for quite a while. Here it is 2021 and I am having the same problem. Did Ford ever find a fix?

Hi jj. As Multitask asked, what do you have, what are you attempting to do? More information will certainly be helpful.

What vehicle and model year do you have? What version of SYNC and version number (found in SYNC settings)?  What are you attempting to do? What have you attempted to do? From where did you download any SYNC files you are trying to install? What instructions did you follow...etc. etc.

The more information you provide, the better the chance someone may be able to assist you.

Get back to us and good luck.

Edited by bbf2530