• Welcome!

Welcome to the Ford SYNC Forum!  Please sign in here or create an account here.

jrjr

Announced: Ford SYNC 3 Delivers new, innovative ways for people to stay connected...

We should be eligible for a free (or at the very least SEVERELY reduced cost) upgrade to Sync 3. The latest version of My Ford Touch is simply unacceptable for a vehicle in today's modern world. Hyundai and Kia systems are better!

I purchased my brand new 2014 Edge SEL w/ MFT in Oct 2014 - as of this post, I have less than 3Kmiles and the system is almost completely useless. The A/C turns on when using the Navigation, the maps absolutely suck, and the hard buttons on the console under the screen are always out of "sync" with the touchscreen controls. The screen is extremely slow to respond and many times is "off" from where your finger actually presses. Overall, its a very poorly designed and functioning product. I've got to say that I'm extremely disappointed with how this turned out. I love my Edge - the ride, the power/torque, the handling, comfort, all A++. But this Sync/MFT issue is dangerous. It causes you to take your eyes off the road and thus, in the interest of safety, you end up not even using it. What a waste of money. Radio controls are about the only thing that works reliably.

Mind you, the problems listed above are only the tip of the iceberg of problems i experience on a daily basis.

Is there any word about making Sync 3 available to us to fix these problems?

Edited by Evan Barash

I agree that Ford should offer Synch 3 to their past customers, especially those of us stuck with the limited capabilty, and proprietary Microsoft product. Recently I heard a news report that Ford had a very low customer approval rating primarily due to the SYNC system. I completely agree with this finding. It would be so easy for Ford to change this opinion with future upgrades that allow us to access our smart phone apps instead of trying to bleed us for excessively priced annual service contracts.

dpresser,

Totally agreed. What angers me is that they know this system has been riddled with bugs and glitches since the very beginning. And they should be busting their a$$es to release updates that fix all these bugs. Because in the end, it really does come down to safety and value. And after gaining back much of the market share they've lost over the last decade, I'd hate to see them slip. My family has owned Fords and Mercury's for as long as I can remember. We were never GM fans, LOL

Will the 2016 Lincoln MKX have the Sync 3 when it is released in June-July of 2015?