• Welcome!

Welcome to the Ford SYNC Forum!  Please sign in here or create an account here.

I tried sending an address to my car today from MapQuest using my HP computer which I have done in the past. However, the MapQuest map which I tried the directions and sending from did not have the SEND button anywhere in the top right hand side where it usually is. I tried a search and didn't find anything.

The only difference is this is a new computer and I don't believe this is the first time I've tried sending an address. I don't know if maybe it's a setting on my computer not allowing the version of MapQuest with the SEND button, or if it is a MapQuest issue.

Any help?

Since it's a new Computer, you might want to update your Java. I am pretty sure MapQuest uses Java. Just a thought!

Thank you, Darryl. I downloaded Jave and I now have the Send button on IE when I use that browser. However, when I am using FireFox (99.9% of the time) I still don't get the Send button on Mapquest. I have input an actual get directions, and then the Send is still on the left side of the map near the print button by the resulting directions.

Thanks for your suggestion, seems to have helped IE but not FireFox.

Have you tried running fIREFOX with add-ons disable?

Edited by CARR142

I have the SEND when I open Mapquest in Firefox.

The SEND drop down menu is in the upper right hand corner of the map display. When I select the dropdown, it lists options of Email, Mobile, Facebook, Car, Garmin GPS

The SEND drop down menu also shows under "Driving Directions" on the left once you have created your directions. At this point the SEND is no longer available at the upper right of the Map display.

What version Firefox are you using?

Edited by jeffo65

I have the SEND when I open Mapquest in Firefox.

The SEND drop down menu is in the upper right hand corner of the map display. When I select the dropdown, it lists options of Email, Mobile, Facebook, Car, Garmin GPS

The SEND drop down menu also shows under "Driving Directions" on the left once you have created your directions. At this point the SEND is no longer available at the upper right of the Map display.

What version Firefox are you using?

I am using 27.0.1 also. The drop down menu is what is missing on my Mapquest using Firefox on the right hand side. It is there when I use IE. I can only find the Send to car on the left hand side after I get the directions. Then it is by the PRINT option in Firefox.

Have you tried running fIREFOX with add-ons disable?

I tried that after you mentioned it. It now displays the SEND button on the right hand side. When I open it, it only has two options, send to email or send to Facebook.

I tried again using Chrome and Firefox, both browsers show send to CAR, on the right menu, click on car, then the option: onstar or sync.

I have used as a guest and also signing in with my account. I have gone through the help/support page topics and none of them worked. I guess I really won't worry about it because I do get the button on the right hand side when I use IE. I also get to send it to the car using Firefox when I get the directions and it is on the left hand side by the print button.

Has to be something with the new computer, Java, Windows 8.1, etc.

Thanks for the suggestions though.

OK, this really was bugging me so I did a little more thinking about it. I am using Adblock Plus which blocks ads on most if not all pages. I turned that off, and I now get the SEND button on the right hand side. If I click that, I still can only send to email or Facebook. If I get directions, I can then click on the SEND button on the right hand side and NOW I can send it to the car.

So it is a combination of having the Adblock Plus turned off, and like the support page says, the send to car will show up ONLY after directions are obtained. I don't think this is exactly how it used to work on my old computer, but at least now I can get it to work how it should.

Thanks again.

Revisiting this post because of a new problem. I had finally solved the problem of not being able to send the Mapquest directions to the car. I am running Adblock plus and that was somehow preventing the SEND button to work. Once I disabled it on the page, everything worked as it should for the last six months or so.

Now once again the SEND button doesn't send to Sync. All it does it "spin". I have made sure Adblock is still turned off for that page. My wife has a GM and it does send to OnStar for her navigation with no problem.

I tried a reboot using the reboot application which I have on a USB drive. This supposedly reboots but doesn't lose any favorites or settings. Still can not send to Sync.

Any ideas what changed in the last week or so? Everything was working well around the beginning of the month.

Revisiting this post because of a new problem. I had finally solved the problem of not being able to send the Mapquest directions to the car. I am running Adblock plus and that was somehow preventing the SEND button to work. Once I disabled it on the page, everything worked as it should for the last six months or so.

Now once again the SEND button doesn't send to Sync. All it does it "spin". I have made sure Adblock is still turned off for that page. My wife has a GM and it does send to OnStar for her navigation with no problem.

I tried a reboot using the reboot application which I have on a USB drive. This supposedly reboots but doesn't lose any favorites or settings. Still can not send to Sync.

Any ideas what changed in the last week or so? Everything was working well around the beginning of the month.

Hi, Is973800 -

I'd like to look into this further. Can you select the CAR option from the SEND drop-down menu or are you unable to get that far?

Jaclyn

Edited by FordIVTteam

Jaclyn, I am able to get to where I put in send to Sync and the phone number. When I push SEND after putting in that info, all the page does is display a little blue circle type of thing and continuously spin. Nothing is ever sent. I have tried FireFox and IE. The page sends directions to our GM OnStar account, but nothing to the Ford Sync.

Jaclyn, I am able to get to where I put in send to Sync and the phone number. When I push SEND after putting in that info, all the page does is display a little blue circle type of thing and continuously spin. Nothing is ever sent. I have tried FireFox and IE. The page sends directions to our GM OnStar account, but nothing to the Ford Sync.

This appears to be an issue on Mapquest's end; it has been reported, but I don't have an ETA.

Please stay tuned.

Jaclyn

Who has it been reported to, Mapquest or Ford? Have there been any other similar complaints about not being able to send the directions to the Ford Services?

Thanks, Steve