Custom Search

Ford SYNC Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
FORD SYNC FORUM AND SYNC OWNER TO OWNER HELP

Welcome to the Ford SYNC Forum.  Like most online communities, you must first please register in order the create new topics and post replies. 

Registration is a free, simple, quick and easy process that requires minimal information for you to signup.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members. . .more
Posted Image

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

"Audio Off" and now Can't Turn Back On!

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   biffnix

biffnix

New SYNC User

• SYNC Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 11:08 PM

C-Max Hybrid, 2013 SEL model here.  Sync with the Sony package.

Has anyone else encountered this?  For some reason, I can no longer get ANY audio!  When I select the Entertainment options on the steering column, all I see on the console (the driver's console, NOT the bigger Sync screen in the middle of the dashboard) is "Audio Off."  I can not select Sirius, BT Stereo, AM/FM, or CD or ANYTHING at all!

If I use the touch screen, I can get the Entertainment pane to show, but the icons to select any source do not function.  The only thing that does anything is to connect to my phone via Bluetooth, and it shows my iPhone 4s playing music, but I can't hear it through the car.

If I touch the Home icon at the bottom of the screen, I can see a "Power" button icon in the center of the Entertainment pane, but touching it does nothing.  I get the animation that shows I touched it, but nothing actually happens, and I still can't listen to any music from ANY source.

Touching the physical "Source" button does nothing.  Touching the physical "Power" button below the screen does nothing!

Reading another forum, I tried pulling fuses 67 and 69 from under the passenger side fusebox (top of the footwell), but that did nothing.

I tried a Master Reset, but again, all I get for Entertainment is "Audio Off" with no way to turn it back on!

Oh, I downloaded and installed MFT v3.6.2 on Oct 13th.  Installed easily, and worked great until today...

Any suggestions or help is very much appreciated.

A Frustrated C-Max Sync Owner

Edited by biffnix, 18 October 2013 - 11:31 PM.

#2 OFFLINE   drdiesel1

drdiesel1

New SYNC User

• SYNC Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Interests:GEEK STUFF

Posted 24 October 2013 - 05:56 PM

Mine did the same thing. I pulled the DTC's and found a ton of communication codes.

Communications codes start with a Uxxx.

After clearing the DTC's the system has been working normally.  I don't know what caused the communication issue, but,

I would guess it was related to the system confiuration/update for routine maintenence.

Edited by drdiesel1, 24 October 2013 - 05:57 PM.

#3 OFFLINE   biffnix

biffnix

New SYNC User

• SYNC Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 02:18 PM

Mine did the same thing. I pulled the DTC's and found a ton of communication codes.

Communications codes start with a Uxxx.

After clearing the DTC's the system has been working normally.  I don't know what caused the communication issue, but,

I would guess it was related to the system confiuration/update for routine maintenence.

Hi drdiesel1,

Forgive my ignorance, but what are DTCs?  If you can point me in the right direction to troubleshoot this for myself, I'd love to take of it on my own.

As it stands, I took the vehicle to my local dealer here in Bishop, CA for the two recall notices (headliner and IPC module reprogramming).  The techs said that the IPC Module reprogramming fixed the audio issue, and I haven't had it recur.  But if it does, I'd like to know how you resolved it specifically so I can try it.

Thanks a ton.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users